Wednesday Night Zoom Psalm study
Pastor Tom will be leading us through a series of Psalm study meetings every Wednesday at 7 PM from April 15 through July 1. Because of state restrictions banning gatherings of ten or more people, we’ll host this study on the video conference platform Zoom. (More details on using Zoom below.)
The basis of our Psalm study will be an online course called “Learning to Love the Psalms”. It’s taught by Dr. Robert Godfrey, professor emeritus of church history at Westminster Seminary California, ordained URCNA minister, and chairman of Ligonier Ministries.
Install Zoom before your first meeting
- Zoom is free to download and use. Visit the Zoom Download page. On a PC or Mac, you may be immediately prompted to download the app. On an iOS device you may be taken directly to the App Store. On Android devices, you may need to tap “Download from Google Play” under “Zoom Client for Meetings”.
- On a desktop, once the installer has been downloaded, open the installer and follow the steps to install the app. On a mobile device, download the app from Google Play or the App Store.
How to test your Zoom setup
Once the app is installed, make sure Zoom is working:
- Visit the Zoom Meeting Test page, and tap Join.
- You should be prompted to open the meeting in the Zoom app. Allow the Zoom app to open the meeting.
- Tap “Join with Video” when prompted.
- On a PC or Mac, when you see the “Join with Computer Audio” button, you may see an option to test your microphone and speakers. Please do so.
- Tap “Join with Computer Audio”. You should now be a part of the test meeting. (There won’t be any other participants.)
- You should now be ready to connect to our Wednesday night meetings. See Join the Zoom meetings below for more details.
Watch the lessons before the meetings
Please watch Dr. Godfrey’s lesson prior to each week’s Zoom meeting. Each lesson is about 25 minutes long. Ligonier is providing Dr. Godfrey’s course for free through at least June 30.
How to watch the lessons
- Visit the Ligonier Connect page for our group.
- Tap “Don’t have an account?” if you don’t already have a Ligonier Connect account.
- Create your free account.
- Tap “Register”.
- Tap “Get Started”.
- Go to the appropriate lesson for the week and tap “Start”, and watch the video lesson. (See the lesson schedule below.)
After your first visit, just click the Ligonier Connect link above, sign in if necessary, and then proceed to the lesson for the week.
ScheduleWatch lessons before the 7 PM Zoom meetings on Wednesdays.
|April 15||Introduction (part 1): Attractions & Difficulties|
|April 22||Introduction (part 2): Solving Difficulties|
|April 29||Psalm 11: The Power of Poetry|
|May 6||Psalms 26 & 39: Peculiar Psalms|
|May 13||Psalms 49 & 50: All the World and All the People|
|May 20||Psalm 52: The Psalms and History|
|May 27||Psalm 77: Questions in Grief|
|June 3||Psalm 81: The Word at the Center|
|June 10||Psalms 91 & 93: God is Protector & King|
|June 17||Psalm 94: Comfort from the Future|
|June 24||Psalm 127: The Lord’s Beloved|
|July 1||Psalm 145: God is All|
If you miss a meeting…
Don’t worry! Just try to watch the lesson for the next meeting (see the schedule above) and join when you can.
We look forward to seeing you Wednesdays at 7 PM!